Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dora Rodriguez

Hi all! My name is Dora Rodriguez and I'm an EFL teacher from Quilmes, Argentina.

Most of my training course was done at the University of Mar del Plata, and now I'm finishing it in Capital Federal. I've attended many seminars and workshops as regards teaching practices, but this is my first time in an online learning session.

As regards my teaching experience, I've been working since 2003 at different institutions in Mar del Plata, and since 1999 I've been tutoring private students. I've taught all levels of English, to children, teens and adults. I've also done some translation jobs and worked as an interpreter in different international events.

Nowadays, I'm working at a bilingual school and at an institute, teaching different levels and preparing students for several international examinations (ESOL, PET, Trinity Examinations).

I'm doing some research on multiple intelligences in the classroom, and how to adapt one's classes to them, and I love designing new activities for my students.

As regards digital storytelling, I've prepared some videos for my former students for their graduation party and some as a hobby. I guess they would have been better if I had some knowledge on how to create them, but I'm really happy with the results anyway!

The pictures I added here are from my former students in different classroom situations: in the first one, they were working on a story guide I've prepared about The Very Hungry Caterpillar, in the second pícture, they are in the computers' classroom, writing, in groups, a description of Winnie the Witch, and on the third and last picture, we are celebrating Halloween!

I was thinking about a topic for a digital story, and I thought I'd love to create one on Halloween history and traditions, so my little students can learn about the celebration they love the most while watching a nice video :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dora,
    I think teachers of young learners are always more creative then the others as it is not easy to get the sts' attention and keep them focussed on doing an activity. Multiple intelligences is very related to digital storytelling as some of them are combined in digital stories. I think Halloween is a great topic to prepare a digital story about and I believe you experience in video creation will help you a lot in the process of digital story creation.Have you found any materials yet?

    Nice to meet you & best wishes.
    Beyza:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found some interesting materials on the web and now I'm trying to brainstorm how my story will go (I have some ideas, but they are not as creative as I want :-P)
    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete