Friday, January 23, 2009

Maria Laura Garcia




Hi everybody! My name is Maria Laura Garcia from Argentina. I’m a graduate EFL teacher and a master student in Education. I hold a post-graduate degree in English Language Teaching. I’m interested in Children’s Literature and ICT for ELT. I have specialized in Storytelling for teachers.

I’ve been teaching English for 8 years in different levels. But to be honest, I love working with young learners. I’m currently designing computer based learning materials for them and working co-operatively in a Storytelling project.

I found working with digital stories really fantastic. You can create different types of stories done for your students or by your students mixing images, music, etc. As I work with young EFL learnears I think I’m going to choose the fable “The Lion and the Mouse”. At school we teach language through stories and work with values such as FRIENDSHIP. So I believe this story is a good option.

This is a picture of my students taken the day of my birthday. I usually celebrate it with them in December. On that special day, I baked a chocolate cake and took it to school.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    what you're doing is great, and the picture with the kids is so touching! I think all the work and effort are worth it if you get hugs like that :)

    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Maria,
    It was a great pleasure to read about your working experience. I like your idea to choose
    “The Lion and the Mouse”. FRIENDSHIP is of great value.
    Ludmila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ludmila and Mona for your encouraging comments! I really appreciate them :)

    Ma. Laura

    ReplyDelete