Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ludmila Kovalenko

Hello everyone,
My name is Ludmila Kovalenko. I live in Krasnoyarsk, Russia. I graduated from the Department of English Language and History, Krasnoyarsk Pedagogical University in 1997 and started working as an English language teacher at Krasnoyarsk secondary school №92. . When I was a student I wanted to be an archeologist. I went to archeological expeditions every summer, wrote scientific reports and took part in archeological conferences and meetings. Now I don’t often go to archeological expeditions, only sometimes as a guest. I work at school with 13-17 aged students and also I work as a tutor of Distance in-service course for English language teachers in Krasnoyarsk region in Russia.
I like teaching but frankly speaking I like learning much more than teaching. I’m interested in using ICT very much. I’m moderating an online course for English language teachers on Moodle. Last year we completed e-mail exchange project between my students and students from Italy. It was a great experience. During that project we used a lot of technologies for communication.
In my free time I like traveling. Unfortunately I haven’t got enough time to do it.

On the first photo we are on the observation point with the view on the Yenisei River during the excursion to Krasnoyarsk power electric station.

On the second photo you can see me with my students on the 1st of September, 2008. It’s our first day at school after the summer holidays.

With best wishes,
Ludmila

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ludmilla,
    It is great you are involved in online projects.You definitely have remarkable experience in using Web 2.0 which will help u a lot in this session. What are you planning to prepare your story about.
    Nice to meet u.
    Best wishes
    Beyza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beyza,
    I haven’t decided yet which topic for my story to choose. Firstly I thought to work with materials about people who do heroic deeds nowadays. Then the idea was to make a film about our school life or about our city together with my students. The third variant of the story is just to take a fairy tale and prepare it for my youngest students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ludmilla,

    thank you for your kind words! "Sister Classes" is now in its second year and I'm quite sure Larry Ferlazzo would like to make this project a tradition. I participated last year with a group of students in International Relations and it was a wonderful experience for them and me as well. This year I couldn't join the project anymore, but I suggest you contact Larry for further info. This is his blog: http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/ I'm sure he'll at least give you a reply.

    Good luck with everything,see you online!

    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mona,
    Thank you for your reply. Your information will be very useful for me.
    With best wishes,
    Ludmila

    ReplyDelete