Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Laura Gang


Hello!
My name is Laura Gang. I am from Costa Rica. My mother and father were teachers, my mom an English teacher and my dad Spanish teacher as a second language.
I had the opportunity to travel back and forth between Costa Rica and the United States so I was able to learn English, and learn from both countries. I guess I'm a little bit of both : Latin and American... :)
I studied Commercial art right out of high school but never really worked formally in that. Later, I studied at Tulane University in New Orleans and from that experience decided to become a translator. So, I began studying at Universidad Internacional de las Americas in Costa Rica.
While studying there, I began working at FUNDATEC, which is a school in Instituto Tecnol'ogico de Costa Rica, as an ESL teacher. I loved that time and teaching adults!
Later, I began working at the high school level at Colegio Bilingue San Judas Tadeo. I taught there for about 5 years. Last year, I had to switch jobs and started teaching at the elementary level at St. Joseph School. So, now I am an elementary school teacher. I will be teaching sixth grade starting Feb. 4th.
I love English, teaching literature, speaking skills, and science are my favorites! :) My passion is translating and I never give up the opportunity to work as a translator.
I want to learn as much as I can so that I can put into work my artistic side in unison with the teaching of my subjects.
I'm thinking of the first theme of reading "courage" to develop my project. I know it is broad...but I am working on narrowing it down. All help is welcome!!!
Thanks,
Laura Gang

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Laura,
    It was nice meeting you in the first WIZIQ meeting on Saturday.You were born into an educational army then! Your background is amazing.I am sure you will reflect it in your work. Courage is an original but a broad topic you are right. Narrowing it down will help you more in the process of material collection.

    Hoping to see you in the session with Dr. Derya Erice tomorrow.

    Good luck in the digital storytelling journey.
    Beyza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,

    Do you have your own picture and a photo with your students? Can you add them to your introduction?

    Sedat

    ReplyDelete